How to arrive at wifi password?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 05:05:49

HildBeft Posted:
Great tips..
Thanks for sharing

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to have Vonage and another land line?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 04:55:03

massrman Posted:
The devices are
available at
different price
margins , please
share your
estimated

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:48:03

massrman Posted:
Hi these are most
commonly used SIP
PBX interops and
their
configuration
guides,

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:37:45

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage Forum Archive
coolguy1
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: PC needed to setup VOiP ? Reply with quote Back to top

HI,

I am planning to install internet in ABIDS, HYD... via AIRTEL 128Kps plan... Do I need PC for Vonage to work? Or just plug the adapter to cable modem and it should work automatically? pls help.

Thanks in advance.
sri4u
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Did u try the below steps Reply with quote Back to top

ramesh245 wrote:
nothing

Try by using below steps:But for me I was stuck at item #5. When I was trying to connect to http:// 192.168.15.1 it is asking Username and Password. I don know what is the Username and Password. Pl help me if u resolve this issue. THANKS FOR U R HELP....

Got it working with sify broadband and RT31P2
steps:
1) Connect sify line to Vonage adapter in internet port
2) connect a lan cable from Vonage adapter to PC
3) Note down ip address, DNS etc set by sify on the PC
4) Set IP to obtain automatically and DNS to obtain automatically
5) from PC: go to http://192.168.15.1
6) Set internet type to "Static IP" - fields for IP and DNS etc will show up
7) Put the IP address and DNS given by sify here.
8 ) Dont touch anything else and save settings
9) test by pinging the sify gateway (the one that sify client tries to connect
10) Run sify client from PC and connect your phone
kris70
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

<quote>
try by using below steps:But for me I was stuck at item #5. When I was trying to connect to http:// 192.168.15.1 it is asking Username and Password. I don know what is the Username and Password. Pl help me if u resolve this issue. THANKS FOR U R HELP....

steps:

</quote>

Vonage router admin page is : 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.15.1 depending on the range that is set and usually default user id and password : admin/admin or admin/1234

Most important thing is , if you are taking the adapter from US you need to take your power adapter with you. Buy a converter there which converts from 220 to 110 ( should be 100 bucks ) and then plug in your original power adapter to that one. IF YOU ARE USING ANY OTHER POWER ADAPTER. OTHER THAN THE ONE FROM Vonage. then forget about getting the adapter to work. I tried it and went around in circles for 3 weeks. After numerous emails and calls to Vonage during which time they said my device had gone bad. Finally purchased a LinkSys made power adapter from authorized dealer and it started working the first time...

Also as suggested once you power up leave the adapter for some time so that it can download the lastest firmware if any.

Happy configuring.

kris
kris70
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Speed should be > 128 kbps otherwise vonage does not work Reply with quote Back to top

<quote>
try by using below steps:But for me I was stuck at item #5. When I was trying to connect to http:// 192.168.15.1 it is asking Username and Password. I don know what is the Username and Password. Pl help me if u resolve this issue. THANKS FOR U R HELP....

steps:

</quote>

<QUOTE>
Vonage router admin page is : 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.15.1 depending on the range that is set and usually default user id and password : admin/admin or admin/1234

Most important thing is , if you are taking the adapter from US you need to take your power adapter with you. Buy a converter there which converts from 220 to 110 ( should be 100 bucks ) and then plug in your original power adapter to that one. IF YOU ARE USING ANY OTHER POWER ADAPTER. OTHER THAN THE ONE FROM Vonage. then forget about getting the adapter to work. I tried it and went around in circles for 3 weeks. After numerous emails and calls to Vonage during which time they said my device had gone bad. Finally purchased a LinkSys made power adapter from authorized dealer and it started working the first time...

Also as suggested once you power up leave the adapter for some time so that it can download the lastest firmware if any.

Happy configuring.

kris </QUOTE>

oh BTW the speed has to be atleast 128 kbps to be able to use Vonage contrary to the claims that it works on 30k, 60k or 90k I have noticed( since i changed speeds twice when i was trying to configure) that it needs to be > 1298 kpbs, the higher the better.

kris
jigar
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Vonage Phone(Linksys PAP2) settings for India, Mumbai Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

I have a Vonage Linksys PAP2 phone adapter, I have used it in US and was working fine. Now, last week I sent it to India, but they are facing problems with it.

1. Used with Hathway, but did not get dial tone.
2. The power, and ethernet lights are on, but the phone light does not.
3. Tried a couple of combinations of powering the adapter, but still not luck.
4. At times, was getting a kind of 'engage' tone, but could not dial, nor could receive calls (the phone led blinked).

Next, tried using with MTNL Tri Band.

1. Connected the ethernet output of the ADSL to the phone adapter WAN input.
2. And also connected the phone, to line 1 of the adapter.
3. But still not dial tone, only the ethernet and power led is on, the phone led is off.
4. Here tried a couple of options of powering on the adapter, but still not luck.

Any suggestions? Has anyone tried with MTNL ADSL connection? Anyone with Hathway internet connection faced any issues?

Any hints are welcome.
isz
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: vonage linksys pap2 + bsnl huawei smartax mt880 adsl modem Reply with quote Back to top

hi,

i have the following setup:

bsnl huawei smartax mt880 adsl modem (functioning modem)
Vonage linksys pap2 ip phone adapter (working number in the US)

1. wall - rj11 --> rj11 - mt880

2. mt880 - ethernet --> ethernet - pap2

i do not have any router in the middle. the mt880 only has one port, so either i can connect to pap2 or pc.

the mt880 is on PPPoE, no need to dial in. on the pc, ip address set as per bsnl configuration, static ip - 192.168.1.100, subnet mask - 255.255.255.0, default gateway - 192.168.1.1. username and password are saved on the instrument.

the pap2 has static ip address (192.168.101.9), subnet mask (255.255.255.0), default gateway (192.168.1.1).

when i connect from mt880 to pap2, the following is observed:

1. mt880 - the power and adsl link are the only two lights that stay on after an initial burst when all lights go on and off.

2. pap2 - no dial tone. the on/off light strobes - one long and two short. no ethernet light. no phone1/2 light.

please help me as i need this working for a medical emergency situation. i will be grateful for your help.

thanks,

sachin.
ib
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: vonage linksys pap2 + bsnl huawei smartax mt880 adsl mod Reply with quote Back to top

isz wrote:

i do not have any router in the middle. the mt880 only has one port, so either i can connect to pap2 or pc.

the mt880 is on PPPoE, no need to dial in. on the pc, ip address set as per bsnl configuration, static ip - 192.168.1.100, subnet mask - 255.255.255.0, default gateway - 192.168.1.1. username and password are saved on the instrument.

the pap2 has static ip address (192.168.101.9), subnet mask (255.255.255.0), default gateway (192.168.1.1).

I suspect one of your problems is the IP address of the PAP2. If your computer has a static address of 192.168.1.100 and it works when plugged into the mt880, then plugging a device with an address in the 192.168.101.x subnet into it won't work. Since you are plugging in either the pc or the PAP2, then the PAP2 should definitely have an IP address in the same subnet, 192.168.1.101 for instance, or you might be required to set it to 192.168.1.100 if that is all the mt880 will communicate with.

Just looking at the many various posts on this forum, I get the feel that some rudimentary knowledge of addressing, subnets, etc would be very helpful in straigtening out a lot of problems.
sakamuri
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Linksys RT31P2 / BSNL --call is getting disconnected Reply with quote Back to top

After a long struggle, we are able to make it work. Using Linksys RT31P2 / BSNL connection at Hyderabad.

Followed the instructions here
http://www.vonage.com/help.php?article=450&category=41&nav=3

Problems now are
1) voice is not clear to me (in US) on any number (work or cell).. But it is very clear to them (HYD).

2) Call getting disconnected after few mins (no exact time limit). Sometimes after 5 mins, sometimes after 10min.. no pattern

Any idea, what could be the reason?

Thanks,
Ramana
kat2
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you are using BSNL ensure you ask BSNL folks to set your DSL connetion to "Always On" setting.
Further, in RT31P2 you have the following settings on for PPPoE (Page 16 Fig 5-5)
Keep Alive and Redial Period should be set
"Connect on Demand and Max Idle Time" checked and set at "0" (page 15)

Without the above two settings users will not be able to receive calls as the connection to internet is down unless the user connects to internet first.

Further, ensure you signed up for 256 KBps bandwidth with BSN or atleast 128KBps.
Finally, make sure you set the India line in Vonage account interface for Bandwidth saver option at 30 kbps.

Hope that helps
kat2
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: vonage linksys pap2 + bsnl huawei smartax mt880 adsl mod Reply with quote Back to top

isz wrote:
hi,

when i connect from mt880 to pap2, the following is observed:

1. mt880 - the power and adsl link are the only two lights that stay on after an initial burst when all lights go on and off.

2. pap2 - no dial tone. the on/off light strobes - one long and two short. no ethernet light. no phone1/2 light.

please help me as i need this working for a medical emergency situation. i will be grateful for your help.

thanks,

sachin.

Sachin,
If you have a PC and PAP2. It is strongly advised to use a router. With the router you make your settings one time and run your PAP2 and PC in DHCP mode. Otherwise you will have a lot of trouble switching between PC and PAP2 to connect to internet (especially if you are not networking savvy).
DLink routers are available in India. get a cheap non-wireless router to serve the purpose.
Make sure you setup Router with PPPoE and Static IP enabled. Also request BSNL to setup your internet/DSL connection to "Always On".
Follow my other suggestions in this thread.

Good luck