On Oct 05, 2014 at 15:28:26

eltonlight Posted:
Is this supported
by Iphone6? I am
just curious.

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Use with iPhone, and switch to data-only plan?
On Sep 24, 2014 at 05:06:04

Jesse641 Posted:
Hi, I have Skype
installed on PC,
but I use it
mainly to talk for
free. Otherwise

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Click to call iPhone App
On Sep 06, 2014 at 13:27:05

UncleDuck Posted:
The quality of
voicemail has
deteriorated to
the point that it
requires listening

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Voicemail Quality and Playback Issues
On Aug 19, 2014 at 17:20:01

Snack Posted:
On a wired
connection, just
connect the Vonage
to the ethernet
port of the hotel

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Using Vonage in a hotel
On Aug 06, 2014 at 19:22:31

Bill18164 Posted:
In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Voicemail Problem
On Jul 24, 2014 at 22:15:20

justwarner Posted:
In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Jul 24, 2014 at 07:44:54

adamnmurad Posted:
I talk very, very
infrequently on
the phone. I'm
thinking of
switching to a
data-only

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Use with iPhone, and switch to data-only plan?
On Jul 21, 2014 at 14:29:35

szurcsii Posted:
Hey! I'm
planning to build
my own voip alarm
system. I found a
guide that looks

In The Forum:
Fax - Tivo - Alarms
Topic:
Alarm systems and VOIP
On Jun 27, 2014 at 01:09:10

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » The Cafeteria - Any Non Vonage Topic
danboy777
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Quantum Voice was awful. Reply with quote Back to top

QuantumVoice was the worst experience you could imagine. Not only did I sign up and then refer 2 clients BUT, I was dumb enough to do it before they even got me hooked up. After 20 days of no contact I emailed them to say hey... whats going on is the modem on the way? They never replied. I tried again and this time called. They said hmmm, we'll look into this. No return calls. At 25 days I called again and they said SBC failed to get back with them. I then called up SBC and they told me they never even had a request to tranfer my number. I called back again and CAL told me that he was really sorry especially that they were charging me and my number (a business line with 15 years of history) hadn't been transferred over yet. He never admitted to the fact that they never sent the loa form - he just mentioned everything but the truth. Anyway, he said he'd get back to me that day and they again never did. QuantumVoice represents perfectly the kind of service that kills companies. This is why we should stick with name brands. You at least have a fighting chance. Oh... I called them back 2 days after they were supposed to call me back and they never even made a save me call. I got the voice mail umm yeah - voice mail.
aot2002
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: quantum is the best Reply with quote Back to top

sounds like you had bad expierence with thier service but alot of customers have a great time since Vonage has too many issues with choppy sounds on calls wierd incoming faxing which wasnt iniated by the user and more issues including not able to make calls.

when you call Vonage and they have a prompt for people not able to make calls you know they are having issues !
since this has been going on with Vonage for yrs i'd say thier bound to be out of business unless they straighten up.

i was using Vonage for 2 and a half yrs no problems then all of sudden they became popular and bam everything down hill from then on...!
now im on with quantum and i love the 800 number incoming free where Vonage used to charge me extra for it.
their Quality is great too no choppy phone calls or dropped calls.
aot2002
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: QuantumVoice Experience Reply with quote Back to top

Alot of Voice over ip calls can be associated with problems with our home routers and crap hardware on our own end.
then we blame Quantumvoice for this...
i mean danyboy blames Quantum for a short experience and he is probably posting before he got his equipment!
totally unfair dany.
you didnt give quantumvoice a flying chance and i find it hard to believe your story as they pickup on the first ring to them.
stardust
Vonage Forum Senior
Vonage Forum Senior

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Re: QuantumVoice Experience Reply with quote Back to top

aot2002 wrote:
you didnt give quantumvoice a flying chance and i find it hard to believe your story as they pickup on the first ring to them.

didnt give Quantum a chance? oh i think he has waited for ages (25 days duh?) for his number to be transferred w/ no updates!!

put your shoes in his and you'll find out why he's pissed! What's irritating the most is the fact that they promised to give him a call and didnt

and oh yea, he hasnt received his router yet which s**ks big time
even if the number is still not yet transferred - it would be comforting to think that you at least got the equipment and can actually maximize the service.
aot2002
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: star dust Reply with quote Back to top

you actually believe his previous provider was telling the truth with LOA i mean i once switched to Vonage and it took 34 days to do the LOA
according to my old provider they too didnt get it
yea ok sure thing....

no provider in the history of all phone companys will say they want to let a customer go. the longer they delay the longer they can bill you.
he has no proof of his loa not being recieved by the provider and if they didnt get it why didnt he fax it while he was asking them on the phone?????

please give quantum voice a chance ive been using it a long time and im very ticked someone comes along to post one post here and in two seconds of not using the service wants to post a comment of thier experience. experience is for people who actually used the service over time.

over the course of the entire time ive used quantum and never have i noticed the difference with my asterisk system in voice quality
stardust
Vonage Forum Senior
Vonage Forum Senior

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

maybe you should be thEir spokeperson then *lol*

i can see that danboy's comment must have really ticked the h*ll off you since you especially registered here just to prove your point. *peace*

really, all Voip - all companies have its own pros and cons. nobody has perfected the road to customer satisfaction yet.

and i respect your points of view AOT but do you honestly believe that people would take you seriously when you are here in VONAGE's forum talking about its competitor?
aot2002
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

heres what happened

i started Voip 3 years ago and i went to Vonage, i loved it ...
it was the best thing and the cheapest thing since sliced bread in USA
and i had callerid and more.
anyway so the phone just worked perfect no problems except during power issues with main power company.

then about 2 years later i noticed they started advertising on tv and the web alot i mean alot....
next started voice issues about a month later, i called and noticed a major wait time on the rep to answer not a very good feeling.

considering over the two years it was me who recommended Vonage to all my customers and they loved it. i joined 28 of my people to Vonage.

each one started calling me not all but some of them asking if mine was working ok, becausse of a voice issue they had.
then things went down hill at that point

i tried calling and was on hold for 2hrs ....seriously.
finally i got in and spoke with someone who didnt speak barely any english. but did have alot of tech knowledge on Vonage and how it works. anyway he told me to cut down my bandwidth to lowest settings since Vonage was growing and couldnt keep up with trying to upgrade fast enough he said they were growing 100,000 customers a week from my original provider. i believed it since i started charging to install it for customers and wiring a backfeed into thier entire phone system in thier house.

anyway the cut down helped, but didnt for long, not more then a week later Vonage was the worst provider i had expierenced ever.
the caller id stopped running data, the phone had voice issues, choppy voices, and it just didnt stop.

since i work with computers and build asterisk pbx systems for a living i know from a diagnostic point it was not a problem with my end. and every time i called Vonage was hold hold hold and major excuses why the issues.
i finally left Vonage and went to quantum voice in search of a good Voip with 800 number for my business.

i just did a google search and they came right up.
i thought cool i'll try them and if i have issues i can terminate the plan, so i called and got signed up.
i got everything hooked up and my wife refused to try Voip again as a main line because of the problems with Vonage.

so it took more then a year to convice her of the issues with Vonage are not going to happen again with our new provider quantumvoice.
we use quantum as our main line now for residential too.
believe me if theres a problem with a company im the first to let you know.

i had over 3 years experience with Vonage so if anyone can say anything bad is me.

im not saying that to date they are having issues since im no longer a customer but i can say that during my last year was the worst phone system i had ever experience.

anyway i since took an old rt31p2 out of the closet and unlocked it via bargainshare.com website for helping me on that mess.

now i can use my ata from Vonage with quantumvoice and asterisk. im so happy
aot2002
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

just so you know i do alot of reading on this website from time to time and it seems to come up alot in google.com

but i didnt think it mattered your a Vonage forum since i think people need to know Vonage is not the only company out there.

ive also had good luck with voicestick.com too
cheapcalls
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I too have been using Voicestick for close to one year. I had Vonage in the past, and their service quality has been great, But the Voicestick account is more flexible.

I bought the USB stick for like $10, and the ATA for using my home phone for like $30.

I have a $20 unlimited account, so the ATA is at home for the family to use, I use the softphone on my laptop, and the have a mobile phone to Voip bridge for the cell phone.

I have a Sprint phone for cell, and made my voicestick my 'home' number with the $5 extra Sprint 2 home. So now I run 2,000 plus minutes of in and out calls on a $29 300 minutes Sprint plan and have no overage as I bridge to voicestick all in and out calls.

Vonage!!! Wake up!!!