How to arrive at wifi password?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 05:05:49

HildBeft Posted:
Great tips..
Thanks for sharing

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to have Vonage and another land line?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 04:55:03

massrman Posted:
The devices are
available at
different price
margins , please
share your
estimated

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:48:03

massrman Posted:
Hi these are most
commonly used SIP
PBX interops and
their
configuration
guides,

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:37:45

Sammy00 Posted:
Has anyone setup a
W52p phone for
vonage? I have
a W52p with two
wireless handsets,

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
W52p Setup
On Aug 30, 2016 at 10:38:01

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage Forum Archive
flip314
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Moving to Canada - Take account with me? Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure if this belongs here or in the Canada forum, feel free to move it.

I signed up about two months ago with an american address and american credit card, because I'm living in the US (surprise surprise).

I'm going back to Canada and I'd like to keep my account and phone number. However, I'll need to switch to a Canadian credit card number as I'm closing out my bank accounts here. Vonage insists on a US billing address and a US shipping address as well as a US credit card. Any suggestions? Or am I just screwed and going to have to cancel my account and take all their cancellation charges up the behind?
navydavy2001
Vonage Forum MVM
Vonage Forum <b>MVM</b>

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, that's an odd one. I'm pretty sure you can't do an LNP between US and Canada, but if you called and explained the situation, you might not have to pay cancellation fees, if you were to open a Vonage Canada account before you cancelled the US one. It's worth a shot to call and see what they might do for you.

Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

how is it an LNP if it's already a Vonage number? anyway, it wouldn't be the end of the world if I had to lose the number, but I don't want to pay cancellation fees PLUS have my equipment rebate withdrawn. that would get very expensive very quickly.

i was hoping there was some way to transfer accounts between the US and Canadian sites. anyone know anything about that?

i have absolutely no trust in vonage's word on waiving fees, judging by the whole plethora of complaints about those kinds of things here...

(as you may have guessed, i wasn't PLANNING on moving when i opened the account. i would never have signed up in the first place if i had only planned on using it for 2 months)
flip314
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"Vonage only accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express Credit Cards with a US Billing Address as a form of Payment. So its not possible to accept non-US credit cards.we apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you."

and then:

"We are sorry to inform that the account cannot be transferred to other country. The only option is that you can terminate the account here and sign up for the new one in Canada."

at least they were quick about getting back to me both times, but that's hardly any consolation.

you can bet if i cancel my service i won't sign up again...
Kuka
Vonage Forum Senior
Vonage Forum Senior

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That bites.
PhotoJim
Vonage Forum Master
Vonage Forum Master

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Most Canadian banks have US dollar credit card products and I'm sure they can arrange for an official US mailing address, too. People who spend their winters in the US often have these credit cards.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
outerfire
Vonage Forum Master
Vonage Forum Master

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I believe RBC has some offerings for credit cards that are based in the US. Do you think you may be back in the US in the future? If there is a possibility it would seem odd to throw out your credit history.

On another note. I have paid my US account with a Canadian Mastercard before. I've made about a half dozen payments with it before switching back to a US based card. I decided that if there were problems that I should avoid them, but it did work.
dabones
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Flip, why do you have to close out your credit cards, when you close your bank acct's? you can close your bank acct and keep a credit card acct, jut use that card to pay your Vonage bill every month.. the only downfall, if that you'd have to mail a cheque from your CDN bank to your US banks credit card payment center every month, but you know what the bill is, so just send the cheque in early and you should be fine with mail times..
or, get a credit card in Canada, and then go to you Vonage acct and just update yoru payment info, put in your CDN card no. and see if it works..
otherwise, call Vonage Canada and ask if they can do a swap, or get credited the fee's if you aggree to sign up for Vonage Canada service, they might let you keep your current number as a virtual number..

besides, you're better off with keeping the US service, cuz of the price difference.. you can have the US unlimited service AND a virtual number in Can, for less than just the Unlimited service in Canada.. exchange rate is soo close now-a-days.. 10-15% exchange, thats the tax you'd pay here anyways at 15%.. lol..

Photojim, a CDN bank can't issue you a credit card with a US address, they can issue you a credit card in US dollars but it'll have a CDN address.. RBC has a US bank called Centura, it's located in NC, they have branches in major cities in VA, NC, SC, GA and FL for 'snowbirds'.. but you can get a credit card over th phone with them, they will put a US billing address on, (it has to be a real addy, cuz your card will go there) and then they can change your statement addy to a CDN one.. they can do a credit check via either a SSN or a SIN.. I have a Visa through them, with my wife's mom's address, but statements will come to me here.. the card even says on it, "property of RBC Royal Bank", and their customer service number is 416 toronto.. haha, but the name on the front says RBC Centura..

TD Waterhouse, has a branch located in the US, but they are currently not accepting new clients for some reason, they had the same deal as RBC, but their cards all had annual fee's and they only had 1 branch in the US, so all your deposits and everything had to go to Boston i believe it was, so I went with RBC..

** Notice, GrandCentral.com has been purchased by google.. they are now 'invite only' .. PM me if you would like an invite..
flip314
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dabones wrote:
Flip, why do you have to close out your credit cards, when you close your bank acct's?

Unfortunately it's actually a check card, so if I close my bank account, I lose the card too.

Random crazy thought: Does anyone have experience with Visa gift cards? I'm wondering if I could get away with using something like that... I don't know whether they have a billing address or how that part of it works...
NateHoy
Vonage Forum MVM
Vonage Forum <b>MVM</b>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

flip314 wrote:
dabones wrote:
Flip, why do you have to close out your credit cards, when you close your bank acct's?

Unfortunately it's actually a check card, so if I close my bank account, I lose the card too.

Random crazy thought: Does anyone have experience with Visa gift cards? I'm wondering if I could get away with using something like that... I don't know whether they have a billing address or how that part of it works...

I have a Visa gift card (debit card) I got from AOPA. Works just like a credit card and I've never had any problems with my US mailing address, though I don't know whether the address is verified against anything. I'd say get one and try paying your monthly bill on it one month. Get a rechargeable one and you may just be able to use your old US mailing address for a while. Wink