In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Jan 29, 2016 at 01:49:14

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage Canada
bmccull
Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was getting this message yesterday when trying to call Prince George BC. About 30 attempts all resulting in the same message intermingled with several calls to other destinations which went through as normal. I then tried the Prince George number with the '1' in front and it went right through! After that call, I tried again with just the area code and number and got the 0106 message again.
ptkinsella
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: How often does this happen? Reply with quote Back to top

I'm new to Vonage, but I've received this message on numerous occasions when trying to call the Denver area (it appears to be more frequent on Monday mornings). I'm fairly sure they don't have enough connections to the POTS system there. Anyone know if this happens frequently?
DanielGoad
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Check the number! Reply with quote Back to top

I know that this may seem trivial and painfully obvious, but I was experiencing the same problem for the past two hours while making a local call. I would dial, and after an unusually long delay, a recording with the "lines are temporarily busy 0106" would come on. I hung up, hit redial and got the same thing. I waited a while, hit redial again over and over -- exact same result each time...

In frustration, I searched here. I saw that other users reported getting thru on cell or landlines. I tried my cell and the call went right thru. Afterwards, I tried the call again from my Vonage phone and it started ringing on the other end immediately, like I would normally expect. I checked the log on my phone and realized I had dialed one of the digits wrong... dumb mistake, but normally I would expect the wrong person to answer or to get a recording that the number was bad, not busy. I tried dialing the same 'wrong' number on my cell phone and heard error tones and a recording that the number I was calling was not in service. Why would Vonage say it is busy, when it doesn't exist?

So, check the number you are dialing. If I had continued using 'redial' I would still be waiting!

-Daniel Goad
Dallas, Texas
roscopco
Vonage Forum MVM
Vonage Forum <b>MVM</b>

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My wife was trying to call me here in Poland this afternoon and was getting the same error message. I verified the number, so it had to be an issue with Vonage.
dbuec
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Lines are busy -- Reply with quote Back to top

Right --- how about the truth ... we don't buy enough bandwidth because we know our customers can't get a hold of customer service to complain. And they can't get ahold of customer service to discontinue their service.
KamSingh
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Lines are busy -- Reply with quote Back to top

dbuec wrote:
Right --- how about the truth ... we don't buy enough bandwidth because we know our customers can't get a hold of customer service to complain. And they can't get ahold of customer service to discontinue their service.

I totally agree. I was having the same problem all the time especially when calling number where I would be saving money! On numerous occassions, I have resorted to either using my mobile phone or BT phone because Vonage lines are busy. Here is a summary of my experience:

I joined Vonage because it seemed to a good deal. In reality, for many of the countries I wanted to make free calls to, Vonage lines were always too busy. So much so, that I ended up using my landline.

Also, call quality was very bad that when I made business calls, people asked me if I was using Voip. Its so embarassing when people say things like "I can't hear you clearly, are you using Voip line?" I was well annoyed and wanted to end my service.

I contact Vonage and they persistently encourage me to stay offering discounts and refunds for their admittedly inadequate service.

In my personal opinion, there customer service helpline is a con. Customers feel secure knowing that they can easily get through and speak to a person on the line. The staff are sales orientated customer services people. From my experience, they are very well trained in retaining customers.

They kept telling me it there was a temporary fault and as a good will gesture, they would refund me some of or give discount on my line rental. They were desperate to keep me on something, even offering a £2.99 package which you don't see on their website.

Vonage spend too much money on staff to retain customers as its cheaper than improving their Voip service.

I said that I wanted to close my account and I was more than happy to pay the disconnection charge as their service was ruining my business.

I definitely would not recommend Vonage. I am much happier paying BT line rental and using other services like Alpha, at least they are reliable.

Who cares if its cheap. Its actually very expensive as most of the time, it doesn't work!

Vonage - get your act together. I will try your 30 days trial again in 6 months times to see if the service has improved. However, I very much doubt it.
techz
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Lines are temporarily busy, please try again later, 0106 Reply with quote Back to top

Im getting this in the 415 now.

skerr wrote:
I'm trying to call home to my Vonage number, and i'm hearing this message (Lines are temporarily busy, please try again later, O106).

Does anyone know what this means and/or why can't I get through?
exVfan
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion Reply with quote Back to top

Keep getting above error - from my 206 area code softphone - is there any way to get around it, or are we all SOL?

Vonage, this is unacceptable...
camaysar
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Update: Nov. 2009 Reply with quote Back to top

Cannot call Holland from USA 718 area code. Constant "lines are busy" message. What a scam!!
camaysar
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: vonage tech support Reply with quote Back to top

After I called tech support, the Vonage operator said she made 2 calls to the Holland number I was trying to call, one from a Vonage phone and one from a non-vonage phone. She got our usual message on Vonage, after 3 "American" rings, and a fast busy-type signal (which does not really indicate a busy line) on the non-vonage line. She said the person's phone line has a problem... a likely story. But I HAVE called other countries successfully. I just don't think the service is as comprehensive as they claim.