How to arrive at wifi password?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 05:05:49

HildBeft Posted:
Great tips..
Thanks for sharing

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to have Vonage and another land line?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 04:55:03

massrman Posted:
The devices are
available at
different price
margins , please
share your
estimated

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:48:03

massrman Posted:
Hi these are most
commonly used SIP
PBX interops and
their
configuration
guides,

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:37:45

Sammy00 Posted:
Has anyone setup a
W52p phone for
vonage? I have
a W52p with two
wireless handsets,

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
W52p Setup
On Aug 30, 2016 at 10:38:01

James44 Posted:
Hi, I am
looking for a good
Sip Trunking
provider in
Canada. they
should offer

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
A good sip trunking provider
On Jul 17, 2016 at 23:42:46

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage Canada
Nannyof8
Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Calls going into wrong column-Placed calls-Rec.calls Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Everyone and all Vonage experts; Is this possible?, On Dec. 25th at approx. 11:30 our daughter phoned us using her cell phone from Washington, we are in Vancouver. Her call is showing up in PLACED CALLS and should have been in RECEIVED CALLS. Naturally my account has been deducted 39 minutes, now I am over my 500 plan, the small one 19.00 pm, which is usually ample for us. Her number shows on my call display as an incoming call and it is in her T-Mobile cell phone billing, she works for them, company phone I think so billing is detailed. No answer from my 3 emails and my billing date is Jan.6, so have a way to go before a new month is applied. Can anyone help and explain this error on their behalf, is it possible for call to be placed in wrong colums, if so I and others should monitor our accounts daily. Thank for any advice and help, Pauline
scerruti
Vonage Forum MVM
Vonage Forum <b>MVM</b>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Call detail can get interesting with forwarding or virtual numbers, are either of those items involved?

Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

scerruti: No, it was just a straight call from her cell phone in Washington to our home Vonage line. I emailed Vonage and got a reply back from Customer service - Michelle Associate asking me for my username and password, she said to do that asap and she would forward to the correct department, but haven't heard a word since. I was a little hesitant in forwarding those details as I was not sure if safe to do so, but as it came from a Vonage Assoc. who had sent emails before to us re different problems I went ahead.. I also didn't know that each time you call into voicemail those minutes are deducted and placed in PLACED CALLS, as I just set up my voicemail and had to do it at least 4 times to get it right, I see those calls/minutes have been deducted and are in PLACED CALLS column. I would have thought those calls to voicemail to retrieve or setup would have been free and not deducted, so now I have disabled voicemail as each time I get a message and want to hear it those minutes will be deducted again, oh, this gets confusing for sure, sorry to rant on, we are just new at this. P.
Nannyof8
Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SCERRUTI, OK, I have cleared up a number of points re voice mail but here is a paragraph from Vonage re my letter to them about a 39 minutes call from Washington going into my PLACED CALLS, so I was over my 500 minutes, this is what it says:

From Vonage -

I have reviewed your account and saw the call you are referring to.
To be totally honest I have to admit that I never saw this situation.
I will request that your account be verified.

So we are very puzzled and waiting to hear back, perhaps I am missing something but have reviewed the billing many times. It's not the 39 minutes over but the principle - how can this happen? Our daughter phoned us using her cell phone so we are very confused as to why this error occurred. We call London and Germany twice a month and never a problem, rates are reasonable, connection is great and we are happy with the system. Thanks for your help. Pauline
scerruti
Vonage Forum MVM
Vonage Forum <b>MVM</b>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My experience is not directly related, but I have some insight.

I previously worked for a large ISP where we were converting equipment used for telephone billing to do some special purpose billing for Internet traffic.

Every once and a while a piece of equipment would fail and we would have to go back in and build billing records by hand from the raw billing data. In those cases someone could make a mistake that resulted in the type of problem you are seeing.

Beyond that scenario, I too am baffled by how this problem could occur.

A very basic primer on phone company billing procedures.

Billing for phone companies are based on call detail records (CDR). These call detail records are built from events that occur in real-time, events like the start of a call, the end of a call, a call transfer, etc. These events have to be collected (think of a million customers all using their phones) from the switching equipment and compiled into call detail records. At some point these records are rated. Rating is the process where the billing plan is applied to the CDRs and the customer is charged according to their plan. For more traditional systems (or cell systems) this process can get very complex because of long distance rates, night and evening rates, friends and family plans, etc. The end result of this process is your phone bill.

The mistake here obviously occurred at the point your call events (start of call, end of call) were generated by the switch and the point at which the CDR for the call was generated.

I am curious, the calls are placed in the wrong column, but do they show the call as from your Vonage line to the cell or do they show the call correctly as to your Vonage line?

Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SCERRUTI, thank you for all your information. The call came from her cell phone to our land line and it shows on my call display. We have just heard from Vonage - see paragraph below:

Could I suggest we monitor if this cell phone number is placed in the wrong column again.In the mean time I have credited your account to compensate for the over 500 min charge.

They credited us $10.00 which was very fair and will monitor her cell phone number I think if I read it correctly. Thank you for your replies they are printed out and given to my husband to read. Pauline